Santoku Chef’s Knife Handmade in Germany – Rust Free – 18CM
- Traditional Japanese all-purpose knife
- Ideal for a wide range of foods and chopping herbs
- Blade: X50 CrMoV15 German blade steel, forged in one piece
- Handle: Spanish olive wood, ergonomically shaped
- Made in Solingen, Germany
- Handmade, each knife is unique
- Reviews (9)
Features & Specifications
- One-piece hammer forged
- Blade Angle: 15 degree edge
- X50 CrMoV15
- Blade Length: 18cm (7″.1)
- Total Length: 29.5cm (11.6″)
- Weight: 140g (4.93 oz)
- Rockwell Hardness: 54/56
- F-Stark Ice hardened
- 5 Year Warranty
The Japanese counterpart to the classic chef’s knife – a typical Japanese all-rounder. The FVR Zeitlos Santoku knife catches the eye with its traditional Japanese design, handmade in Solingen, Germany.
Santoku stands for “three virtues” – attributed to fish, meat and vegetables, and a reference to the characteristic of an all-purpose knife. The FVR Zeitlos Santoku knife lives up to its name and allows any chef to cut wafer-thin slices with ease. At the same time, its slightly rounded blade is ideal for chopping nuts and herbs.
The flat top edge forms a line with the handle, while the wide blade, made of German X50 CrMoV15 blade steel, protrudes below the handle. This gives a lot of space for the fingers under the handle. This ensures a very special cutting result.
- Hand-wash with warm water. Dry immediately
- Do not place in dishwasher
- Avoid bleach or citrus extracts (cleaning agents)
- Handle should be oiled as needed using food safe mineral oil.
Beautiful. Love the knives. They stay sharp for a long time. Very easy to sharpen, I have several other knives which I’ve never been able to sharpen. Thank you FVR.
Excellent quality. Perfect when going on a road trip and stay at an air bnb. Shipping was fast. Very carefully thought after packaging.
Have a set of 3. Nice real wood handle (not plastic). My handle gets more rustic with use (vs. scratched like some of my plastic knives). Fast delivery, great service.
The finish is nice and the quality is awesome. This is an excellent knife, especially for the price. Highly recommended
This is a great gripping/feeling knife, that works out-of-the-box, with a super sharp edge.
Amazing knife. You won’t go wrong with this knife for the quality and value
I love these knives!! The blades are sharp, the handles are comfortable and I feel like this knife will take care of most of my cutting needs.
Great product. I would definitely recommend people to give this a try.
Well worth the money spent. It is a well-balanced knife.