Santoku Chef’s Knife Handmade in Germany – Rust Free – 18CM
- Traditional Japanese all-purpose knife
- Ideal for a wide range of foods and chopping herbs
- Blade: X50 CrMoV15 German blade steel, forged in one piece
- Handle: Spanish olive wood, ergonomically shaped
- Made in Solingen, Germany
- Handmade, each knife is unique
- Reviews (9)
Features & Specifications
- One-piece hammer forged
- Blade Angle: 15 degree edge
- X50 CrMoV15
- Blade Length: 18cm (7″.1)
- Total Length: 29.5cm (11.6″)
- Weight: 140g (4.93 oz)
- Rockwell Hardness: 54/56
- F-Stark Ice hardened
- 5 Year Warranty
The Japanese counterpart to the classic chef’s knife – a typical Japanese all-rounder. The FVR Zeitlos Santoku knife catches the eye with its traditional Japanese design, handmade in Solingen, Germany.
Santoku stands for “three virtues” – attributed to fish, meat and vegetables, and a reference to the characteristic of an all-purpose knife. The FVR Zeitlos Santoku knife lives up to its name and allows any chef to cut wafer-thin slices with ease. At the same time, its slightly rounded blade is ideal for chopping nuts and herbs.
The flat top edge forms a line with the handle, while the wide blade, made of German X50 CrMoV15 blade steel, protrudes below the handle. This gives a lot of space for the fingers under the handle. This ensures a very special cutting result.
- Hand-wash with warm water. Dry immediately
- Do not place in dishwasher
- Avoid bleach or citrus extracts (cleaning agents)
- Handle should be oiled as needed using food safe mineral oil.